biggest fuck you ever
biggest fuck you ever
On March 27, 2014, the Taco Bell a minute from my house begins to serve breakfast. I could eat Taco Bell for every meal. It is a glorious time to be alive.
now that’s a tinyhouse i could live in.
this is literally all I want and need in life. this is the best.
if all cis women in hollywood were replaced by men and cis women were never recognised or even had the chance to represent themselves and other cis women it would be immediately seen as an extremely important feminist issue
so why aren’t we seeing the exact same thing that’s happening to trans women as what it is, an extremely important feminist issue
Friends, let me tell you about Rebecca Gomperts.
Rebecca Gomperts is a sea captain, a certified physician, and the founder of Women on Waves, a Dutch pro-choice non-profit organization that brings reproductive health services to women in countries with restrictive abortion laws.
This is how it works:
- Rebecca Gomperts and her team installed a specially constructed mobile clinic aboard a commissioned ship.
- They sail to countries with restrictive abortion laws, answering phone calls and e-mails from women who need another way out.
- Upon landing, they take the women who come to them aboard the ship, and then they take the ship out into international waters.
- There the laws of the flag ship are in effect.
- They then perform non-surgical medical abortions, while walking the women through the process.
- They sail back to shore, and once they depart, they continue to follow up with their patients to ensure they remain healthy and safe.
In response, Rebecca Gomperts and her team have been:
- hit by eggs thrown by physically violent pro-life activists
- met with resistance by government officials of the countries they visit
- been forced to disguise themselves and their patients to save the women who come to them any public shaming (which the media helps to perpetuate)
- and once, harassed by two war ships sent out by the Portuguese military
And yet they continue to answer the calls and e-mails of women who want their help, providing reproductive counseling and teaching them how to circumvent the dangerous laws of their country when necessary.
Director Diana Whitten is telling their story in her documentary, VESSEL. It’s a beautiful doc, a necessary doc, and the film is premiering this week at SXSW. Please show your support for these women on social media. It’s so incredibly important.
If you’re in need of reproductive counseling or an abortion service, you can find Women on Wave’s international support and informational collective on Women on Web.
These people are heroes. Rebecca Gomperts is a hero. What they do has and will save countless lives. It’s so incredibly important that their story is told and the struggles of women living in countries governed by restrictive abortion laws (including the United States) are brought to light.
am I sick from anxiety or am I actually physically ill? a memoir by me
The Massachusetts Supreme Court ruled Wednesday that secretly photographing under a woman’s skirt, or “upskirting,” is not against state law because the women are not nude or partially nude.
I’m really embarrassed to be from this state.
for some reason no matter how many times i see this i still laugh
basically the most imporant thing ive learned is that “allies” like being allies until they actually have to make an effort when it comes to lgbt+ people lol
Majestically bespectacled. #glasses #foureyes #specs #platinum #queer #androgynous #haircut #harrypotter? #lovebird
Naya Rivera for Prestige Indonesia